Full Site Search
Mon Jan 16, 2017 18:36:25 IST
PostPostPost Stn TipPost Stn TipUpload Stn PicUpload Stn PicAdvanced Search

NJP/New Jalpaiguri Junction (8 PFs)
নিউ জলপাইগুড়ি জংশন     न्यू जलपाईगुड़ी जंक्शन

Track: Single Diesel-Line

Type of Station: Junction
Number of Platforms: 8
Number of Halting Trains: 129
Number of Originating Trains: 18
Number of Terminating Trains: 19
NJP Station Road, Nawapara, Dabgram , PS- Bhaktinagar , Pin -734007 , City- Siliguri , Dist - Jalpaiguri
State: West Bengal
Elevation: 114 m above sea level
Zone: NFR/Northeast Frontier
Division: Katihar
13 Travel Tips
No Recent News for NJP/New Jalpaiguri Junction
Nearby Stations in the News

Rating: 3.9/5 (246 votes)
cleanliness - good (32)
porters/escalators - good (31)
food - good (31)
transportation - good (30)
lodging - good (28)
railfanning - good (30)
sightseeing - excellent (32)
safety - good (32)

Nearby Stations

SGUT/Siliguri Town 4 km     SGUR/Siliguri Junction NG 7 km     SGUD/Siliguri 7 km     SGUJ/Siliguri Junction 7 km     RNI/Rangapani 7 km     ABFC/Ambari Falakata 9 km     PSRY/Pashwashraya 11 km     MTRA/Matigara 11 km     NJB/Nijbari 14 km     BORA/Bagdogra 15 km

Station News

Page#    Showing 1 to 20 of 78 News Items  next>>
Jan 12 2017 (14:16)  Temporary Augmentation in Udaipur-New Jalpaigudi -Udaipur (nwr.indianrailways.gov.in)
Coach AugmentationsNWR/North Western  -  IR Press Release

News Entry# 291092
   Tags   Past Edits
Jan 12 2017 (14:16)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by aavinseth/1416571

Jan 12 2017 (14:16)
Station Tag: Udaipur City/UDZ added by aavinseth/1416571

Jan 12 2017 (14:16)
Train Tag: New Jalpaiguri - Udaipur City Weekly Express/19602 added by aavinseth/1416571

Jan 12 2017 (14:16)
Train Tag: Udaipur City - New Jalpaiguri Weekly Express/19601 added by aavinseth/1416571

Posted by: aavinseth~  10 news posts
Temporary Augmentation in Udaipur-New Jalpaigudi -Udaipur
Dec 25 2016 (13:17)  Slow Train to Nowhere (indianexpress.com)
News Entry# 289575   Blog Entry# 2104325

Station Tag: Chennai Central/MAS added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Dec 25 2016 (1:17PM)
Train Tag: Kerala Sampark Kranti Express/12217 added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Dec 25 2016 (1:17PM)
Train Tag: Uttar Sampark Kranti Express/12445 added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Posted by: R Banerjee™^~  281 news posts
It was a tradition for my father to drop me off at the station before my train journeys. It began a decade ago, ever since I started travelling alone. But that valet service is now reserved for significant trips only. So, on a late October morning, when I was about to embark on my childhood dream of travelling across the country in trains, he rolled out his trusted Activa to drop me to Chennai Central. Yes, you read that right: travelling in trains, mostly in sleeper compartments, one after the other, across India, with no strings of sightseeing attached.
Why would anyone want to do that? For most people, the journey is about the destination. But I have been crazy about trains
...
more...
ever since I can remember. My father and his elder brother share the same obsession. My earliest memory is of my parents taking me to railway stations and tricking me into eating food on the pretext of watching trains. My childhood photographs has me, a toddler, at various locations of the (now UNESCO World Heritage) Nilgiri Mountain Railway, or in front of steam locomotives in Tiruchi and meter gauge trains of then Madras.
In 1999, I read Jules Verne’s Around the World in 80 Days. I was in Class V and it made me long for such adventures. The years spent hero-worshipping Phileas Fogg and being obsessed with the Indian Railways ended up in a 12-day sojourn across India, on trains.
As a tribute to my home city, Chennai, I wanted to start and end at two of its iconic stations: Central and Egmore. The idea was to go from one end of the country to another, and I started off with the Coromandel Express, a 1,663 km ride in a sleeper compartment to Howrah.
It was never going to be about solitude. In sleeper coaches, waitlisted passengers, even ticketless travellers, are likely to take your seat if you don’t claim it. They clogged every possible space available, and fitted into narrow berths. To add to the existing chaos was the music from the acoustically-challenged Chinese mobile phones, which every second passenger had. At least I knew Hindi and bargained for some peace, but the only lady in my bay — a senior citizen Telugu lady — felt endangered. It was only when I spoke on my phone in Telugu that she felt relieved. There was also the outgoing Deepak, who loved conversations whenever he didn’t break into an impromptu singing session. First, however, you had to satisfactorily answer two questions: Tumaar jaat ki? Tumaar graam ki? (What is your caste? Where is your village?)
A row of trains waiting at the Old Delhi Railway Station. (Source: Express photo by Praveen Khanna) A row of trains waiting at the Old Delhi Railway Station. (Source: Express photo by Praveen Khanna)
The old terminal at the Howrah station took me back in time – October 25 1872, to be precise. That’s when Fogg and his trusted butler Passepartout had got there after saving the widowed Aouda from sati in Vernes’s novel. Renowned for its distinct cuisine, the city’s biryani with potato commands the utmost loyalty, although it was strange to see its Hyderabadi counterpart being served at the terminal.
From Howrah, I took the Saraighat Express to Guwahati. To get to Guwahati through the chicken’s neck on any form of land transport, one must cross the mighty Ganga and the bountiful Brahmaputra. It was pitch dark as we crossed the Farakka Barrage. But even if I could not see, the sound of the water gushing through the 27 gates of the 44-year-old barrage gave you the freedom to imagine the might of the rivers.
For an average south Indian, the idea of a river is a dry and baked riverbed. The occasional flow of the river that is heavily reliant on the monsoon gives some cheer when there are no heated contests of river water sharing hogging the limelight.
Assam was initially connected by meter gauge rail, before the conversion to broad in the early 1990s. The gauge conversion meant quicker transport; hence, the stations have a prefix to display that — New Bongaigaon, New Jalpaiguri, New Cooch Behar.
From Guwahati, I took another train to Delhi — this time a Rajdhani, my one concession to expensive travel — where the next leg of my journey awaited me. There is not much to see in Guwahati, barring the Kamakhya Temple, and the Brahmaputra after which you are told to go Shillong. Thanks to apps that offer budget hotel booking and friends spread across the country, accommodation was not a hassle.
From Delhi, I caught the Uttar Sampark Kranti, to the sleepy Katra, in Jammu and Kashmir, home to Sri Mata Vaishno Devi. The railway line to Katra — 70 km from Jammu via Udhampur, and which will be connected eventually with Srinagar — is closely guarded, with signs prohibiting photography. My co-passengers to and fro the journey were boisterous families on an extended Diwali pilgrimage break. On the return from Katra to Delhi by Jammu Mail, the train filled up more in Punjab. True to the stereotype, the coaches became lively, noisy and broke the silence of Jammu and Kashmir.
The Chandigarh-Kochuveli (Trivan-drum) Kerala Sampark Kranti traverses just over 3,000 kilometers, connecting the north and south in 53 hours. From the cleaner air in Chandigarh, to polluted climes of the National Capital Region, via the congested atmosphere of Mumbai, the rocky green carpet of the Konkan, and through the salty air of the Arabian sea, this train could well be a window to the large-scale climate deprivation. I hopped on to this one. By the time the train completed its journey, sitting in the sleeper class, I had witnessed polluted fog, early winter chill, unadulterated heat and some sharp rain.
When I arrived in Trivandrum, I took a break for 12 hours, where I roamed the city, took a ride to the beach and watched a Kathakali performance. I boarded my final train, the Guruvayoor-Chennai Egmore, in the wee hours of November 5. By now, I was exhausted and I had lost five kgs.
But oh, what a ride it had been. My journeys had showed me what diversity is – from religion, language and cuisine, to sunsets and sunrises, bitter cold and harsh rains, all in a span of 12 days. The one factor which has also changed travel is technology. I did not get fleeced for local travel, thanks to Uber/Ola. Through an Oyo, I had a room waiting for me well in advance. If that’s not all, I got a Dominos pizza delivered to my berth in Panvel, thanks to IRCTC online. I had heard about apps that deliver food to your berths, and I gave it a shot in Vishakapatnam.
As I completed my journey at Chennai Egmore, I realised that Chennai Central (the place where I started) was just 1,500 metres away on foot. But my love for trains had taken me across 19 states and 10,000 kilometres over 12 days. I might not be able to replicate Phileas Fogg’s journey anytime soon thanks to an Indian passport, but what I have learnt is that even 80 days will not be enough to see the beauty that lies in India. It would take an entire lifetime.

2494 views
Dec 25 2016 (13:58)
Give LHB Rake to 12155 12156 Bhopal Exp~   548 blog posts   49 correct pred (75% accurate)
Re# 2104325-1            Tags   Past Edits
Amazing... _/\_
Dec 24 2016 (12:20)  Humsafar Express train passing through Chennai to be flagged off on Dec 25 (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
New/Special Trains

Station Tag: Rampurhat/RPH added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Station Tag: Malda Town/MLDT added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Station Tag: KishanGanj/KNE added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Station Tag: New Bongaigaon Junction/NBQ added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Dec 24 2016 (12:25PM)
Train Tag: Bengaluru Cantt. - Kamakhya Humsafar Express/12503 added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Dec 24 2016 (12:25PM)
Train Tag: Kamakhya - Bengaluru Cantt. Humsafar Express (Weekly)/12504 added by ßαηεяנεε™^~/665304

Posted by: R Banerjee™^~  281 news posts
Hamsafar weekly express trains will run via Perambur in Chennai and Katpadi.
The inaugural special train will leave Kamakhya at 12.15pm on December 25. It will leave Perambur at 10:20am on December 27 and reach Bangalore Cantonment at 5pm on the same day.
It will stop at New Bongaigaon, New Jalpaiguri, Kishanganj, Malda Town, Rampur Hat, Howrah, Kharagpur, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Khurda Road, Brahmapur, Vizianagaram, Duvvada, Vijayawada, Perambur, Katpadi and Whitefield.
The
...
more...
regular service of Train No 12504 / 12503 Kamakhya - Bangalore Cantonment - Kamakhya Hamsafar weekly express trains will begin from Bangalore Cantonment on December 30, 2016.
The train will have 13 AC-3 tier coaches. The facilities would include CCTV cameras, fire and smoke detection systems and tea-coffee vending machines, officials said.
Southern Railway will get two more Humsafar Express trains -- Chennai-Ahmedabad and Tiruchirapalli- Sriganganagar trains.
Dec 07 2016 (23:26)  Two killed as Capital Express derails, three suspended (m.deccanherald.com)
Major Accidents/DisruptionsER/Eastern  -

News Entry# 287938
   Tags   Past Edits
Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Station Tag: New Cooch Behar/NCB added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Station Tag: New Alipurduar/NOQ added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Station Tag: Guwahati/GHY added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Station Tag: Rajendra Nagar Terminal (Patna)/RJPB added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Station Tag: Patna Junction/PNBE added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Train Tag: Capital Express/13248 added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Train Tag: Capital Express/13246 added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Dec 07 2016 (11:26PM)
Train Tag: Capital Express/13245 added by ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~/1366147

Posted by: ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Telangana Express Oops AP Express ⭐ ⭐ ⭐~  21 news posts
Two persons were killed and six others injured when two coaches and engine of the Guwahati-bound Capital Express derailed in north Bengal, with initial investigations suggesting that the driver overshot the signal. An inquiry has been ordered into the derailment and three railway employees, including the driver, have been suspended in connection with the mishap.
The train travelling from Bihar's Rajendra Nagar Terminal derailed at around 9 PM last night near Shamuktala Road station, about 32 km from Alipurduar Railway Division headquarters, NF Railway officials said. Initial reports had said that 10 persons were injured. Two bodies were found from the coaches and they appeared to be those of monks going by their clothes and footwear, NF Railway CPRO Pranav Jyoti Sharma
...
more...
said.
Though prima facie cause of the accident was overshooting of signal by the driver of the train, a thorough inquiry will be conducted and action will be taken against the guilty, said a senior Railway Ministry official. Divisional Railway Manager, Alipurduar, Sanjiv Kishore said three persons - the driver, assistant driver and guard of the train have been suspended. He said work is on to remove the derailed coaches from the track.
Rail traffic, which had been stopped in both up and down lines in a diverted route, is being gradually restored, he added. About 150 of the stranded passengers were taken back to Alipurduar Junction by Kamakhya-Alipurduar Inter City Express. The unaffected portion of the train was detached. The train will resume journey once the relief operation is completed, he said.
The Accident Relief Train reached the site of the accident at 10 PM with railway doctors and relief materials and started rescue operations.
Oct 11 2016 (05:34)  विद्युतचलित ट्रेनों का परिचालन अगले वित्तीय वर्ष तक :डीआरएम (m.dailyhunt.in)
News Entry# 282733   Blog Entry# 2019099
   Tags   Past Edits
Oct 11 2016 (5:34AM)
Station Tag: Malda Town/MLDT added by WCR Kota division is FASTEST ROUTE of IR^~/229469

Oct 11 2016 (5:34AM)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by WCR Kota division is FASTEST ROUTE of IR^~/229469

Oct 11 2016 (5:34AM)
Station Tag: Katihar Junction/KIR added by WCR Kota division is FASTEST ROUTE of IR^~/229469

Posted by: 21 Rj 6 DD 21 sht 3HS 2 SK 1 JS 12 drnto LHB^~  926 news posts
कटिहार रेलमंडल अन्तर्गत कटिहार एनजेपी व कटिहार मालदा के बीच विद्युतचलित ट्रेनों का परिचालन अगामी वितीय वर्ष तक शु़रू हो जायेगाा। विद्युतीकरण का कार्य लगभग 70 प्रतिशत पूरा हो चुका है।कटिहार रेलमंडल के डीआरएम उमाशंकर सिंह यादव ने बताया कि बरौनी से कटिहार होते हुए एनजेपी तक का विद्युतीकरण कार्य आरई इलाहाबाद द्वारा की जा रही है। वहीं आगे एनजेपी से गुवाहाटी तक का विद्युतीकरण का कार्य आरबीएनएल द्वारा किया जाना है।
रेलवे के परिचालन खर्च को कम करने के दृष्टिकोण से विदयुतचालित ट्रेनों को चलाने की योजना को रेल मंत्रालय द्वारा प्रश्रय दिया जा रहा है ताकि ट्रेनों में माल धुलाई एवं सस्ती रेलयात्रा का लाभ आम लोगों को मिले।उन्होंने बताया कि कटिहार गोशाला स्थित 25 एबीए रेल विदयुत सब स्टेशन
...
more...
निर्माण का कार्य भी अब अंतिम चरण में है।
पूर्व-मध्य रेलवे अंतर्गत बरौनी से कटिहार तक विद्युतीकरण का कार्य भी लगभग 90 प्रतिशतत पूरा हो चुका है। कटिहार रेलवे स्टेशन स्थित रेल लाईन के उपर पैदल पुल को उंचा करने का कार्य जोर शोर से किया जा रहा है।

7 posts - Tue Oct 11, 2016 - are hidden. Click to open.

1 posts - Wed Oct 12, 2016 - are hidden. Click to open.

1876 views
Oct 16 2016 (12:36)
Mazi IRI   618 blog posts
Re# 2019099-9            Tags   Past Edits
Is there any electrification work started at NJP ??
Sep 13 2016 (12:30)  Foundation stone for doubling rail track laid (www.assamtribune.com)
New Facilities/TechnologyNFR/Northeast Frontier  -

News Entry# 279951
   Tags   Past Edits
Sep 13 2016 (12:30PM)
Station Tag: Lumding Junction/LMG added by Optimus Primé~/1329476

Sep 13 2016 (12:30PM)
Station Tag: Hojai/HJI added by Optimus Primé~/1329476

Sep 13 2016 (12:30PM)
Station Tag: Guwahati/GHY added by Optimus Primé~/1329476

Sep 13 2016 (12:30PM)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by Optimus Primé~/1329476

Posted by: Pratap 😀😀 KJM WDP4D 40387 😀😀 प्रताप~  366 news posts
GUWAHATI, Sept 12 - Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal and Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain today jointly laid the foundation stone of the project for doubling of railway line in the Hojai-Lumding section at a public function held at Hojai.
Legislators Shiladitya Dev (Hojai), Shibu Misra (Lumding), Rupak Sarma (Nagaon), Pijush Hazarika (Jagiroad), Dimbeswar Das (Raha), Ashok Sharma (Nalbari) and Kamal Sing Narzary (Bijni), senior civil administration officials, senior NF Railway officials led by General Manager of NF Railway Construction Organisation HK Jaggi, among others were present during the event.
Addressing the
...
more...
gathering, Sonowal lauded the effort of the Minister of State for Railways for developing railway infrastructure in the region and thanked him for the initiatives.
The Chief Minister said Assam had been lacking in development and many of the demands of the State remained unfulfilled. He thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu for paying special attention to the region and hoped that the Railways will act as the growth engine for the region.
While calling upon the people of the State to extend all cooperation to the Railways for realisation of the rail projects in the region, Sonowal assured that the State Government will extend all possible help to the Railways.
He also stressed on maintaining cleanliness in railway stations and all residential areas and called upon the citizens to actively participate in the Swachh Bharat Mission.
Speaking on the occasion, Gohain said that lack of double lines has been a critical bottleneck in Assam for punctual movement of trains and the project of doubling of railway line from Hojai to Lumding (44.92 km) will create additional carrying capacity for the Railways and improve punctuality of trains.
He said that similar sanctioned works of doubling in other sections would be started simultaneously so that the time consumed to complete these projects can be minimised.
Gohain announced that doubling of railway tracks from Bongaigaon to Guwahati via Goalpara and Digaru to Hojai would start in October and it would be his endeavour to invite Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu for the foundation stone laying ceremony of those projects. He said that these projects are expected to be completed within three years.
Gohain said that the electrification of railway tracks from New Jalpaiguri to Guwahati at a cost of about Rs 650 crore, which was sanctioned in 2008, would also start very soon. He also said that surveys are being undertaken for extending double line to upper Assam.
The minister said that Hojai railway station would be rebuilt as a modern station.
Sep 09 2016 (15:08)  Anti-Terrorism Squad arrests ISI agent travelling from NJP Siliguri to Delhi at Mughalsarai Railway Station (blog.ilovesiliguri.com)
Crime/AccidentsNFR/Northeast Frontier  -

News Entry# 279522
   Tags   Past Edits
Sep 09 2016 (3:08PM)
Station Tag: Mughal Sarai Junction/MGS added by ® Optimus Primé™ ®~/1329476

Sep 09 2016 (3:08PM)
Station Tag: Siliguri Junction/SGUJ added by ® Optimus Primé™ ®~/1329476

Sep 09 2016 (3:08PM)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by ® Optimus Primé™ ®~/1329476

Posted by: Pratap 😀😀 KJM WDP4D 40387 😀😀 प्रताप~  366 news posts
The state Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has arrested a suspected ISI agent, who allegedly provided assistance and money to retired army subedar Indrapal Kushwaha. Kushwaha had been arrested by the ATS team in February 2014 for allegedly providing army information to the ISI.
Mohammed Ejaz Shah Khan, a resident of Delhi’s Kamla Market area, was called to the ATS office in Lucknow on Wednesday for interrogation, following which he was arrested, the ATS said in a statement on Thursday.
The agency said Khan had first been questioned by the ATS on Monday, when
...
more...
he was stopped in Mughalsarai railway station while travelling by train from NJP Siliguri to Delhi. Khan had allegedly been smuggling gold from Dubai via Nepal, and had claimed that he used to cross the Nepal border on foot, the ATS said.
It also said that Khan used to deposit money into the accounts of Kushwaha, a resident of Jhansi. The agency also said that it has recovered 650 g of gold, unspecified foreign currencies, two mobile phones, a passport and a voter card from Khan.
Jul 27 2016 (11:03)  Flood Alert Issued In West Bengal; Rail, Road Connectivity Hit (www.ndtv.com)
IR AffairsNFR/Northeast Frontier  -

News Entry# 274997
   Tags   Past Edits
Jul 27 2016 (11:03AM)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction NG/NJPN added by For Better Managed Indian Railways~/1546020

Jul 27 2016 (11:03AM)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by For Better Managed Indian Railways~/1546020

Posted by: For Better Managed Indian Railways~  939 news posts
JALPAIGURI: A flood alert has been issued in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district following heavy rains in the upper reaches of the Teesta River.
Due to continuous rain in the region, water has entered many homes and shops. Roads resembled rivers and people were seen walking their way out through flooded streets.
Rail traffic has also been affected with many trains passing through the area running late. Schools, colleges and offices are also shut in the area.
Road
...
more...
connectivity to Bhutan has also been affected due to excess water in the Teesta River that flows through the district into Bangladesh.
Patients at a public health centre in the district were shifted to other hospital through boats. The NDRF (National Disaster Response Force) has been called in for rescue efforts. Several villagers have been moved to safety already and the administration is on alert for contingencies.
The tea industry is worried about losses as several tea gardens are submerged. Coochbehar and Alipurduar districts are also monitoring the situation, fearing floods.
What has become a worry for the administration is the forecast of more heavy rains over the next two days.
"The overall situation in north Bengal is very bad due to incessant rains for the last several days with many bushes under the water," Joint Secretary of Indian Tea Association (ITA) Sujit Patra told PTI.
Major companies having gardens in north Bengal are Andrew Yule, Goodricke and Luxmi Tea among others.
Chairman and Managing Director of Andrew Yule Sunil Munshi said two of its gardens, Banerhaat and Karaballa, were 35 inches under water.
"The rains have caused a huge damage not only to the crop, but also to labour lines," Munshi added.
He said the damage of this scale had been caused after a long time, particularly after 1993 and 2000.
Jun 29 2016 (11:35)  Minister of State of Railway announces Indore-Guwahati Train (www.dailypioneer.com)
New/Special TrainsNFR/Northeast Frontier  -

News Entry# 272287   Blog Entry# 1911253
   Tags   Past Edits
This is a new feature showing past edits to this News Post.

Posted by: Aakash The Don Sharma~  1 news posts
The long wait of the people of north-eastern States living in Indore for years to have a direct connection from Indore to their native places in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and other north eastern states and increase in frequency of Indore-Patna train, in all likelihood will come to an end soon with the Union Minister of State for Railways, Manoj Sinha here on Tuesday announcing a new train between Indore and Guwahati via Lucknow, Patna. Besides, he also assured to increase frequency of existing Indore-Patna train.
Sinha made this announcement here today while meeting a delegation of the people of north-eastern states led by Purvottar Sanskritik Sansthaan state president Thakur Jagdish Singh and others. The minister said that he would see to it
...
more...
that the new train between Indore and Guwahati starts from the month of October this year. The Union minister also assured to look into demands of Indore-Darbhanga train via Varanasi, Balia, Chapra as early as possible.
People of Bihar and Uttar Pradesh living in the city have welcomed announcements of the Union minister saying that the introduction of new train between Indore and Guwahati and increase in frequency of Indore-Patna train will greatly ease huge traffic pressure on this route.
Later in the evening, Sinha along with the Lok Sabha Speaker flagged off a new Indore-Pune bi-weekly train and a weekly Indore-Kochuveli train from Indore railway station. Of the two trains, Indore-Kochuveli Express will chug off on Tuesdays while Indore-Pune Express will depart from Indore every Tuesdays and Saturdays. While flagging off both the trains, Sinha announced two escalators, two lifts and wi-fi system at Indore railway station by December this year.
Earlier, in the day, the Union Minister of State inaugurated newly installed wi-fi system at Ujjain railway station and laid foundation stone foundation stone of electrification of Indore- Mhow section and launched Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) service from Mhow. The Lok Sabha Speaker were also present in both these functions. The Union Minister said that electrification of Indore-Mhow rail route will likely to be completed by March 2017.
Later, in an informal chat with the media persons, the minister said that a memorandum between the Union government and the government of Madhya Pradesh would be signed soon for detailed survey of the proposed Indore-Manmad rail 339 km line which has been sanctioned in this year's budget.

5 posts - Wed Jun 29, 2016 - are hidden. Click to open.

6063 views
Jun 30 2016 (08:18)
Aakash The Don Sharma~   99 blog posts   319 correct pred (72% accurate)
Re# 1911253-6            Tags   Past Edits
Now even RM has Tweeted about it....
The train is likely to run from October.... I guess after completion of Pit Line at Indore

5884 views
Jun 30 2016 (11:36)
Aakash The Don Sharma~   99 blog posts   319 correct pred (72% accurate)
Re# 1911253-7            Tags   Past Edits
RM's Tweet.....
Train Likely to run from October
Jun 13 2016 (12:43)  Minor girl ‘molested’ by railway employee (indianexpress.com)
Crime/AccidentsER/Eastern  -

News Entry# 270880
   Tags   Past Edits
Jun 13 2016 (12:43PM)
Station Tag: Howrah Junction/HWH added by Baaz SGUJ WDP4~/1476622

Jun 13 2016 (12:43PM)
Station Tag: New Jalpaiguri Junction/NJP added by Baaz SGUJ WDP4~/1476622

Jun 13 2016 (12:43PM)
Train Tag: Paharia Express/15721 added by Baaz SGUJ WDP4~/1476622

Posted by: Baaz SGUJ WDP4 with NJP Shatabdi NFRs pride~  114 news posts
A nine-year-old girl was allegedly molested inside a moving train by a 42-year-old railway employee on Saturday night.
The incident took place when the victim was travelling with her parents from Howrah to Jalpaiguri on Paharia Express. The accused, later identified as Naren Rajbangshi, had called the child and molested her while talking to her. The girl’s parents later lodged a complaint at the Bandel Railway police station.
“According to the complaint, the victim went to her parents and told them everything, who immediately raised an alarm,” said a police officer.
Alleging
...
more...
police inaction, the victim’s parents said the railway employees behaved in a very laid-back manner in attending to their complaint and some of them even helped Rajbangshi flee the spot.
The accused, an employee of the Railways mechanical department, is yet to be arrested. “As soon as the complaint was received, we immediately initiated a search operation in the train at Katwa, the next station. He, however, could not be traced,” sad a senior Railway Police official.
Earlier in February this year, a 22-year-old student had complained that she was molested by a passenger who was in an inebriated state. The accused, who had tried to jump off the train, had also alleged that while co-passengers stopped her from committing suicide and helped her contact the police, no one from the railway staff came over to offer help.
Page#    Showing 1 to 20 of 78 News Items  next>>